Monday, April 27, 2009

The Perfect Gin & Tonic

As the dark, cold days of winter once again pass into the warmth of a new spring and summer it's time to get into the swing of things with some nice cocktails. My favourite cocktail has to be the cool and classic Gin & Tonic, but it has to be made just right - believe me it does make a difference!

Ingredients (makes 2 large G&Ts):
  • 100ml (4 x 25ml shots) Gordon's Dry London Gin
  • Schweppes Indian Tonic
  • Ice (lots)
  • Fresh lime - cut into four wedges

Method:
  1. Fill 2 tall, straight glasses (Slim Jim/Highball 10oz or 12oz) with ice
  2. Squeeze one lime wedge into each glass and sit the other lime wedge on the ice.
  3. Pour 50ml Gordon's Gin over the ice
  4. Top up with the Indian tonic
  5. Enjoy :O)
One of my pet hates, when seeing drinks mixed, is to watch the ice being added at the end. To many people it may seem that it doesn't matter. It does! In this case, pouring the gin over the ice releases a lot more of the subtle flavours than simply adding a couple of ice cubes at the end.

I just looked at my watch and it's a little early but in an hour or so I shall be happily fixing myself a G&T - if you read this in time why not join me :O)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment